Director of Legal & Compliance – Property Services Group – South East
Permanent , | £100k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2016-09-16 16 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 16 November 2016
This is a rare opportunity to join this high profile Property Group at Director level. With annual revenues of over £100 million and a large network of estate agency offices predominantly based throughout the south east, the group is now looking to recruit a Director of Legal & Compliance. This is an incredibly exciting role where the successful candidate will be able to have a significant influence in this area for a fast growing, diverse company with very clear and ambitious growth plans.
You will be heading up the Compliance Team, reporting in to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with other directors and divisional heads, including Residential Sales and Lettings & Property Management. At the same time, you will have the Health & Safety Officer and the Compliance Technical Team reporting directly in to you. Your primary areas of responsibility will be within sales, lettings, health & safety and data protection, whilst you will also be responsible for other business units within the Group.
The successful candidate will be delivering a statutory compliance service across the group’s multiple disciplines through the relevant teams and experts within the organisation, applying strict standards, procedures & policies and regular audits to ensure a clear, compliant and consistent approach to all the activities of the Group whilst ensuring that profitability is maximised, through a balance of compliance and commerciality.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities of this role are many and varied and will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all internal processes are met in line with industry regulations and standards
- Providing monthly KPI information to the COO and relevant department and divisional heads
- Producing a consolidated monthly compliance report for the group
- Working closely with the divisional directors
- Ensuring all staff are fully conversant with, and complying with, all relevant legislation
- Dealing with escalated client complaints as well as complaints from the TPO, TDS, ARLA, etc.
The knowledge, skills and experience required include:
- Significant knowledge and experience of the residential lettings, sales and property management industry. Must be an ARLA member
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Credible and confident communicator with excellent presentation skills
- The ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile. Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment
- Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally
This position will come with a salary that will be reflected by the seniority of the position and will include all the other benefits commensurate with a role of this stature.
There will be a degree of flexibility with regards to the location of this role, and it could involve some travel between regional offices but you will ideally be based in the Surrey/Berkshire area.
Property Personnel is exclusively retained on this opportunity. If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please contact either Allison Dalrymple on 07557 231 231 firstname.lastname@example.org or Anthony Hesse on 07836 367 632 email@example.com