Destination Services Consultant at this Global Relocation Agency in Central London
Permanent , Central London | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2017-07-25 25 July 2017 Closing date for applications: 25 September 2017
We have been exclusively instructed by this global relocation agency, to introduce an additional team member to assist the UK Destination Services Manager with administrative support and backup.
Ideally, they would like to employ an enthusiastic individual who understands AST’s and is familiar with typical tenancy clauses as well as the process of negotiations.
The role will have a UK-wide remit depending on the needs of the clients. You will report to your manager who will be working off-site at times, therefore, you will need to be self-disciplined and organized. You will also be creating housing matrices and UK market reports for social media purposes.
Assisting assignee’s with relocation needs, either domestically or internationally, to include:
- Home search; including sourcing suitable and appropriate properties via Estate Agents and arranging for assignee’s to visit these properties, in partnership with the local area consultants
- Negotiating the most favourable lease terms and conditions for the tenant with agents and landlords; obtaining lease consents and copies of relevant safety certificates
- Property/Tenancy Management; including accurate and timely co-ordination of rental payments and deposits, arranging inventories as required; assisting with connection of utilities by liaising with Utility Companies, client and assignee
- Providing assistance as required with opening of bank accounts
- Preparing documentation relating to invoicing and forward to Finance or Assignment Management Department
- Assisting with departure services; including formal notice to landlord, cancellation of utilities, arranging exit inventory as required, negotiating dilapidations between tenant and landlord, initiate outbound removals
Other responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high level of customer service to the assignee and client company throughout the relocation process
- Maintaining a full caseload and ensuring successful delivery of services
- Maintaining high standards and ensure compliance with KPI’s
- Maintaining and enhance relationships with both clients and other internal stakeholders
- Gathering information to develop a working house-price matrix and produce regular market trends/updates on UK property market conditions for use/circulation on company social media sites
- Complying with all company policies, procedures and quality initiatives
- Maintaining accurate and complete client files
- Responding to client enquiries and instructions in line with appropriate time-frames
- Participating in training and development activities as required by the company
- Performing other duties as required by the directors.
- Previous experience of working within a relocation organisation is desirable
- Experience of internet and paper based real estate research
- Minimum 2-3 years’ office based experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong ability to work with people from a diverse background and origin
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Mature, self-sufficient, diplomatic, logical
- Experience of external client facing – developing relationships, dealing with new clients
- Positive, self-motivated, resilient, very pro-active
- Experienced at problem solving, alleviating concerns and resolving conflict
- Second language would be an advantage.
The salary for this role will be £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience. The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.