Corporate Services Consultant – Residential / Commercial Estate Agency – South West London
Permanent Richmond, Surrey | £25k to £30k Inc Benefits 30000
Job Posted: 2015-12-22 22 December 2015 Closing date for applications: 22 February 2016
This busy and successful Corporate Services Department is seeking a Consultant, and fourth team member, to support the continuing expansion of the Department’s operations. There are exciting developments currently taking place and the company would expect the role to present excellent opportunities for career progression in line with the department’s growth. So far in 2015, the department is 25% up on 2014 and continues to move in a positive direction.
The successful candidate will be extremely organised and able to interact within a busy team, as well as maintaining a high level of professionalism when liaising with both external clients and internal colleagues. This is a busy and varied role dealing with primarily the residential, but also frequently the commercial areas of the business.
The company is looking for a good team player, with strong communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to work under pressure and a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will also need to have a good level of numeracy as they will be maintaining and updating spreadsheets on Excel, and other similar tasks. Sales skills are desirable as the role will develop to include pitching for new business, attending sales meetings and handling a number of business-producing accounts. In addition, building relationships with relocation agents and handling their searches throughout the company’s network.
Business development is a key area, and as such the ideal candidate will have some sales experience, but more importantly, be able to demonstrate initiative and drive when seeking out new opportunities. Business development tasks will include both cold and warm calling.
This person will have previous experience of working in a busy environment and be able to provide a high level of service. A self motivated individual, he/she will also be able to demonstrate reliability and flexibility.
- Dealing with a percentage of the current incoming business
- Carrying out research activities, seeking out new opportunities to assist with business development
- Inputting data onto spreadsheets
- Arranging and attending client meetings, minute taking and follow-up
- Developing into booking and running own client meetings
- Helping to deal with the administration for the department
- Direct sales and business development
- Managing a number of existing and new accounts
- Dealing with Relocation Agent searches daily
- Cross selling within the existing client database
- Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives and day to day work of the team
- Provide assistance to other team members wherever possible
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other teams
- Arranging client events and attend as appropriate
- Acting as an ambassador for both the department and the lettings business throughout the company
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- ARLA Qualification would be beneficial
- To be flexible in approach to work, and willing to roll up their sleeves
- To possess an excellent telephone manner
- To have excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several tasks at any one time
- To be computer literate – in particular with Microsoft office packages especially Excel
- The ability to search out business opportunities, and having excellent research skills
- To be personable and able to build successful professional relationships
- To be able to work as part of a team and understand how their role affects the larger team
- To have a good sense of humour
- To be presentable in a professional environment
- To possess good closing skills
This excellent career opportunity will come with a competitive salary and benefits subject to experience, but the basic salary is likely to be in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum. This is a Monday to Friday, 9.00 am- 6.00 pm role based in Richmond, Surrey. The offices are within easy walking distance on the mainline railway station.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com