Compliance Manager for this upmarket Estate Agency in Sevenoaks, Kent
Permanent Sevenoaks, Kent | £0k
Job Posted: 2021-01-23 23 January 2021 Closing date for applications: 23 March 2021
This upmarket real estate agency with an enviable reputation and international network of offices, has a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Compliance Manager to join the lettings team in Sevenoaks. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can work well within team and busy environment.
Your role will involve taking responsibility for checking that all legal/health and safety checks/requirements have been completed and all relevant processes have been followed before a tenancy commences or renews.
Our client believes in rewarding employees for their dedication and hard work. They also offer fantastic scope for career progression and will continue to support you in your development during your time with the company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the lettings compliance team towards the goal of ensuring all tenancies are compliant before they go ahead. Sharing trends and case studies of common errors found, supporting others in the team where relevant and being flexible to assist with additional audits where necessary
- Carrying out and taking full responsibility for diligent and thorough checks to ensure that all legal requirements/processes have been followed before signing off a tenancy to begin
- Identifying processes that need adapting or new processes that need implementing
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting of all checks you have completed and of issues found. Organising and implementing follow up with repeat offenders to reduce the number of errors
- Improving the quality of data on the systems – Reapit and RADAR. Identifying system development requirements and communicate these to the line manager
- Ensuring any compliance error trends are communicated to the line manager and included in relevant training
- Attending team meetings and summarising previous month’s activities and highlighting any concerns. Following the communications plan to keep in regular contact with other departments and discuss improvements that could be made.
- 2 years + experience working within the lettings industry
- ARLA Propertymark Technical Award preferred but not essential
- Good working knowledge of IT systems (Reapit and RADAR experience would be beneficial)
- Good IT skills
- Confident manner
- Good understanding of finance
- Ability to build relationships and work well as part of a team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and not delay tenancy start dates
- Constantly striving to ensure our client is compliant with the best processes
- Attention to detail in all aspects of all work and thinking outside of the box to get the best solution.
The salary for this role will depend on the previous experience of the individual. Our client also offers a discretionary annual bonus based on performance.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.