Commercial Head of Property Management for this Firm of Property Advisors and Development Consultants in Hertford, Hertfordshire
Permanent Hertford, Hertfordshire | £70k
Job Posted: 2022-05-12 12 May 2022 Closing date for applications: 12 July 2022
Our client is an innovative firm of property advisors and development consultants who have become synonymous with urban living in central London and property management throughout the country. They currently have a superb opportunity available for a Commercial Head of Property Management to join their commercial management arm based in Hertford.
The purpose of this role is to exclusively manage a portfolio of mixed-use commercial buildings, and ensure properties across the portfolio are maintained to a high standard in compliance with Landlord and Tenant legislation and RICS requirements.
It will also be your responsibility to drive the department towards achieving financial and service targets as set by the senior management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regularly liaising with property managers and understanding their current position with all managed properties
- Constantly reviewing the tracker (in-house computer management package) and QUBE management system and provide weekly up-dates highlighting issues and areas of concern to the senior management team
- Complaint resolution – dealing with both the complainant and the relevant professional body
- Taking the lead with management issues and being the supporting link between clients/tenants and building surveyors
- Giving practical assistance to property managers that require any support, advice or training
- Prioritising and effectively managing workload. Having a full understanding of the leases for each building within the portfolio. Ensuring all the provisions in the leases are complied with, including for example health & safety and insurance provisions
- Ensuring site visits are completed as required by the timescale stated in the management agreements. Completed inspection report identifying actions required are uploaded on to tracker within 24 hours
- Producing accurate service charge budget within agreed timescales
- Ensuring the quarterly reports are issued to clients and leaseholders in order to answer any queries
- Understanding the financial importance of each management instruction to the company within the portfolio
- Authorising invoices for payment and ensuring that the coding is always correct
- Managing and supporting any site staff
- Attending client meetings and AGMs including out of office hours. Preparing management reports in good time for said meetings and take minutes where required
- Helping to identify new areas of business and assisting with new management pitches, as required
- Attendance at Tribunals and Court when applicable.
- Significant property management experience
- RICS qualified
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to identify staff problems before they become an issue, and deal with them effectively
- Be concise, but friendly and professional
- Work with minimum supervision, and not be afraid to take the initiative, but know the limits of your authority
- Take pride in your work
- IT literate – Microsoft Office. Training on QUBE will be provided.
The salary on offer for this role will be an attractive £70,000!
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email: email@example.com.