Client Accountant Team Leader for this Property Investment and Management Company in Woking, Surrey
Permanent Woking, Surrey | £30k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2021-07-27 27 July 2021 Closing date for applications: 27 September 2021
An exciting role has become available within this rapidly-growing residential property investment and property management company, specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
You will be reporting to the head of finance, acting as a team leader for the client accounts team which provides the financial support for the properties/landlords managed by the company. The role requires someone with experience in property management and with an accountancy qualification.
Responsibilities will include:
- Raising rent invoices and allocating payments
- Allocating client monies
- Client money bank reconciliation required according to the PropertyMark client money rules
- Daily payment runs
- Monthly landlord statement production
- Handling in a timely manner all tenant/landlord/supplier queries relating to statements, invoices and payments
- Inputting supplier invoices
- Checking validity and accuracy of council tax invoices received for landlords, prior to processing and authorising for payment
- Maintaining the float required in respect of known recurring landlord expenses (ground rent & service charge) for landlord cashflow management purposes
- Tenant deposit return processing
- Setting up landlord and tenant fees for new tenancies and any ad hoc fees as required
- Complete any change of tenancies and / or change of landlord
- Month end reports and reconciliations for fees and unallocated monies
- Aged debtor management with landlords and tenants (excluding rent arrears)
- Setting up financial information for new properties and attending handovers.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within property management
- Previous experience within accounts
- Accountancy qualification
- Natural leadership skills
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Proficient use of the Microsoft packages
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
The salary on offer will be in the region of £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on previous experience.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 0207 792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.