Business Development Manager – Property Management and Investment Company – Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent , | £25k to £60k Inc Benefits OTE 60000
Job Posted: 2015-10-20 20 October 2015 Closing date for applications: 20 February 2016
Based near Weybridge in Surrey, our client is a property management and investment company that currently manages properties nation-wide. They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to retain existing Investment Clients and their property management and increase recurring income for the company through new let’s on new properties for existing or new investment clients in accordance with agreed business plans. The role will also be responsible for new sales to new investment clients as a secondary activity.
Role and key responsibilities:
- Delivering target Recurring & Sales Income
- The preparation, agreement and delivery of an annual business plan and agreed targets.
- Attending key meetings including weekly / monthly department, operations and board meetings.
- Handover meetings with the Operations Manager, Property Manager and the Accounts department
- Updating database & a new business spreadsheet with all leads and changing the status accordingly.
- Producing reports for the monthly board meeting.
- Attend business meetings –majority are alongside the Sales Director.
- Attending trips to Hong Kong- preparing meeting notes in order that you are prepared for each meeting, building up rapport with clients, doing follow-ups at the end of each day and sending relevant documentation.
- Following up leads and closing- primarily for lettings and management business.
- Scheduling follow-ups within an appropriate time frame depending on situation.
- Coordinating marketing campaigns in order to generate new business.
- Collating all of the relevant documentation and chasing until received.
- Updating the database with contacts, companies and all client communication.
- Managing your sales assistant & sale support- supporting and helping them when needed, overseeing the sales pipeline and adding input where necessary, ensuring you have a weekly update meeting in order to ascertain the current status of each property.
- Monthly meeting with the Operations Manager- to provide them with an update as to what business shall be passed over to them in order for them to get everything ready on their side.
- Answer day to day enquiries/ emails from clients or prospective clients (Account Management).
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (principally direct mail) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Personal Situation: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to spend one or two nights away per month without upsetting domestic situation. Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. May be striving financially but not desperate or in serious debt. Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
- Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet. Experience of managing marketing agency activities useful.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development.
- Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support telesales staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
This position will pay a basic salary of £25,000 to £35,000 depending on the level of experience of the individual, and on target earnings of up to £60,000. The usual hours of work will be from 8:45am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org