Branch Manager (maternity cover) for this independent Estate Agency in Sidcup, Kent
Contract Sidcup, Kent | £40k OTE
Job Posted: 2020-02-18 18 February 2020 Closing date for applications: 11 March 2020
Our client is an independent estate agency offering a range of professional services including sales, lettings and property management throughout South East London and North Kent. The key to their success is down to their dedicated and highly motivated staff members who ensure all clients receive the highest level of service and advice.
The business is built on referral recommendations and repeat custom, making it imperative to offer the best and most honest service each and every time.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the residential and commercial letting process, residential sales process and staff. Our client is looking for someone who is keen to generate and bring in new business to drive the company forward. The ideal candidate will have experience within sales, lettings and property management and will need to be flexible with working hours as they will be attending business networking meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the lettings team plan their work efficiently and effectively
- Managing the sales process including market appraisals, agreement of terms, advertising of property, accompanying viewings, negotiating and progressing sale to completion
- Contributing to the sales and lettings marketing activities in collaboration with directors
- Managing the lettings team in a manner that encourages a positive and collegiate attitude
- Ensuring that sales and lettings portals, website and window displays are up to date
- Efficiently managing the lettings process from advertising a void property through to closing of a tenancy when it comes to an end
- Ensuring that viewings for lettings properties are held at times appropriate to ensuring good tenants are found in a timely manner and to minimise voids
- Arranging and accompany viewings for sale properties at times appropriate to ensuring willing and able purchasers are found in a timely manner to ensure that they meet vendor expectations
- Ensuring that all AST renewals are dealt with in a timely manner to maximise the income from this activity
- Taking details of property maintenance issues and arranging works orders as appropriate
- Taking payments over the phone and chasing tenants for arrears payments
- Attending and contributing to regular team meetings
- Ensuring a plan for your professional development is agreed with the directors and that this is followed.
- Proven track record within the industry and exceeding targets
- NAEA & ARLA preferred
- Natural leadership skills
- Must be highly organised with excellent time management and planning skills
- Highly motivated to be able to motivate yourself and the team
- Full UK driving licence and own car.
It is important to note that this is a 6 month maternity contract.
The salary will include a competitive basic of up to £25,000, with on target earnings in the region of £40,000 (pro-rata’d). You will also be provided with a fuel card.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or 10am to 6pm. You may on occasion be required to work half day on a Saturday, however, you will be given time back in lieu for this.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org