Block Manager at this well-established Estate Agency in Epsom, Surrey
Permanent Epsom, Surrey | £25k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2017-07-22 22 July 2017 Closing date for applications: 22 September 2017
This very well-established privately-owned estate agency based in Epsom, is looking to recruit an experienced Block Manager to join its Property Management department.
You will ideally have at least 1-2 years’ experience working within block management to be considered as you will have 10 blocks in your portfolio. You will also be attending AGM meetings and be solely responsible for all maintenance issues.
You will have full responsibility for all aspects of your allocated portfolio of residential properties, provide efficient and accurate day to day management and the be the ultimate point of client and leaseholder contact.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client
- Reviewing and issuing service charge budgets
- Receiving and managing all reactive and planned repairs and maintenance requirements and bringing any major defects to the attention of the senior team or property surveyor
- Ensuring that all utility contracts are suitability tendered and contracts are in place
- Assisting with the project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional consultant
- Maintaining strong working relationship with insurance brokers, surveyors, contractors and consultants
- Checking for accuracy and issuing service charge and ground rent applications for payment with the appropriate notices prescribed by landlord and tenant act
- Carrying out service charge debt recovery up to the point of appointing a debt recovery agent
- Carrying out site visits at regular intervals in line with the management agreement and prepare site inspection reports
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to and arrange necessary risk assessments
- Maintaining regular communication with residents concerning management issues
- Maintaining a close working relationship with property management team, assist with any other property issues that may arise and where requested deputise in the absence of other members of the team.
- IRPM Part 1 (or working towards) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act
- Good IT skills including Outlook, MS Word, Excel
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Be punctual
- Active team player.
This role will come with a salary of £25,000 to £35,000. The company hours will be Monday to Friday 9am-6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.