Block Manager – Highly Regarded Block Management Company – Bermondsey, South East London
Permanent Bermondsey, London | £27k to £35k Inc Benefits 35000
Job Posted: 2016-09-15 15 September 2016 Closing date for applications: 15 November 2016
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available at a well established and professional Block Management company based in their office in Bermondsey, South East London. They provide full professional property management services for a portfolio of mansion blocks, private estates and luxury riverside developments.
They are currently looking for a Block Manager to manage the day to day running of 300 units including private residential developments on behalf of the residents. The properties you will be covering are based in the East and South East of London.
To be considered for this role, you will need at least 1-2 years’ experience within a Property Management or support role as well as having excellent organisational and customer service skills.
The job will involve:
- Prepare all service charge budgets
- Handle all leaseholder correspondence
- Handle all lease assignments/solicitor enquiries related to the portfolio
- Attend board, resident’s meetings, including evening meetings and take appropriate minutes
- Undertake regular site inspections/meetings/surveys in accordance with the contractual obligations of the organisation and additional visits as required
- Ensuring that all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with all claims renewals and enquiries regarding the policy
- Preparing and agreeing scope of works for simple repairs and instructing surveyors/contractors in relation to other repairs. Follow through all instructions issued and ensure completed in time, cost and quality parameters
- Co-ordinating all legal proceedings for ground rent/service charge arrears and other breach of the lease, including attendance at Court to give evidence as necessary
- Reviewing and developing changes to estate management policy and procedures
- Providing out of hours emergency service – this involves taking calls on the emergency out of hours mobile (on a rota basis with other members of the Property Management team)
- Providing all other necessary professional services for the portfolio in the interests of good estate management and the companies customer services approach
- Supporting the rest of property management team/department with existing portfolio when necessary.
Providing support to the Business Development Department, if required, as follows:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the management requirements for new sites
- Preparing service charge estimates for new sites using site plans and technical specifications
- Attending training courses to keep abreast of changes in working practices and legislation and provide briefings to other members of staff.
General skills & knowledge required:
- Must have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of residential leasehold management sector experience
- Good communicator both verbally and in written communications
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Must be able to work in a pressurised environment
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel and Word
This position is a Monday to Friday role and the salary level will be in the region of £27,000 to £35,000 depending on the level of experience.
The role is available for an immediate start. The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.