Block Manager for this independent Estate Agency in Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, South West London | £35k to £40k 40000
Job Posted: 2020-12-06 06 December 2020 Closing date for applications: 06 February 2021
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this professional independent estate agency in South West London for an experienced Block Manager.
Previous experience within block management is essential as you will be dealing with the fast-growing financial and business expansion. Our client is looking for a strong, focused individual who is extremely organised and can hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Promoting the services that the company offers to prospective clients
- Agreeing marketing material and budgets with the Directors of the company for the promotion of Block Management
- Meeting prospective clients to promote the companies service and agreeing terms for appointment consistent with company policy
- Taking over management of property ensuring all possible information is supplied
- Agreeing expenditure budgets with clients
- Setting up service charges and all services for new managed buildings
- Managing service charge accounts demands and ground rents where applicable
- Brokerage of Buildings Insurance
- Dealing with arrears management and credit control
- Prepare 5 and 10 year ongoing plans for works to clients property
- Receiving all information from clients, leaseholders and tenants in respect of faults, breakdowns, repairs and replacement
- Overseeing serving of Section 20 Notices
- Evaluating the priority of works
- Advising clients, leaseholders and tenants of their obligations contained in whichever legal procedures they are bound by
- Arranging competitive quotations from contractors for works to properties
- Submitting quotations to Clients for works
- Supervising and checking works to properties prior to approving payment
- Dealing with all issues raised
- Supervising all works relating to breakdowns and repairs, routine maintenance as well as general refurbishment
- Keeping the client landlord informed of progress and ensuring that the best interests of our clients are always served
- Dealing with all matters relating to Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Asbestos at clients property
- Inspecting all of our Block Managed properties in accordance with the terms agreed with the client and send a written report of the inspection to each client with deemed recommendations for any works.
- Block management experience within residential estate agency
- Strong knowledge of relevant landlord and tenant act
- AIRPM would be preferred
- Relevant health & safety training or experience
- Good IT skills including Outlook, MS Word, Excel
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Be punctual
- Active team player.
The salary for this role will be in the region of £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on previous experience and qualifications, plus bonus incentives!
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.