Block Manager for this international Real Estate services company in Marble Arch, Central London
Permanent Marble Arch, Central London | £30k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2018-03-02 02 March 2018 Closing date for applications: 02 May 2018
A fantastic opportunity has become available at an upmarket, international real estate services company at its flag-ship office in Marble Arch.
You will be assisting with the day to day management of the portfolios/properties, whilst taking responsibility for health and safety administration and pre-contract solicitor’s enquiries.
You will be reporting to a Senior Property Manager in order to provide a first-rate management service to a portfolio of clients. This service is aimed to meet all legislative and statutory controls, as well as best practice guidelines issued by governing bodies and the firm.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Contributing directly towards improving the team’s profitability
- Managing the preparation of detailed annual budget of anticipated expenditure for each property in accordance with the service charge procedures within the portfolio
- Ensuring that the required consultation takes place with lessees in respect of the budget of expenditure and that clear explanatory notes concerning the budget are prepared for the benefit of lessees
- Approving and sign all letters to lessees in relation to the annual budget of service charge expenditure and the reporting of the final accounts
- Monitoring, controlling and reviewing the monthly and quarterly expenditure against the budget in conjunction with the line manager and partner
- Liaising with Client Accounts on service charge income and expenditure
- Authorising all invoices received for payment being satisfied that the works or supply represented by the invoice has been properly incurred and satisfactorily completed or delivered
- Ensuring that all insurance claims are properly made, estimates obtained for work and to monitor the processing of such claims through the underwriters
- Managing all on site and client staff for whom the senior property manager acts as line manager and to supervise the work of all assistant managers and other support staff working under the senior property manager on the designated part of the portfolio
- Ensuring the effective planning and management of all maintenance and repair work and monitor and control all regular maintenance contracts. Inclusive of specifying, tendering and supervising works where necessary
- Ensuring the regular inspection of all managed buildings and the maintenance of notes concerning those inspections and records and information on health and safety matters
- Supervising and monitor the maintenance and updating of the computerised property records system
- Liaising with tenants, lessees and residents’ associations as and when required and to attend meetings
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring and control of all aspects of health and safety and ensure compliance at all times with current legislation.
- IRPM Qualified
- IOSH Managing Safely (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health)
- Relevant Health & Safety training or experience
- Demonstrable record of delivery to clients in the UK Real Estate market, with a background in block management
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of residential property management including health and safety and all legislation, guidance notes and recommendations made in respect of residential property management either by Statute, by the RICS or by ARMA
- Prior experience of preparing service charge budgets as well as experience of managing maintenance/repair works and dealing with insurance claims
- Experience of managing on-site staff
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel
- Numerically strong.
The position will pay a salary in the region of £30,000 to £35,000 per annum. This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.