Block Manager at this specialist Property Management Company in Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, South West London | £32k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2017-10-10 10 October 2017 Closing date for applications: 10 December 2017
This specialist Property Management Company is looking to recruit a Block Manager to join the team at its very successful office in Putney.
You will be reporting to the Senior Property Manager and will be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 20 blocks including some Assured Shorthold Tenancy’s. Therefore, previous block management experience would be beneficial, however, not essential as they will also consider someone with only AST experience.
You will have full responsibility for all aspects of your allocated portfolio of properties, provide efficient and accurate day to day management and be the ultimate point of client and leaseholder contact.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client
- Reviewing and issuing service charge budgets
- Receiving and managing all reactive and planned repairs and maintenance requirements and bringing any major defects to the attention of the senior team or property surveyor
- Ensuring that all utility contracts are suitability tendered and contracts are in place
- Assisting with the project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional consultant
- Maintaining strong working relationship with insurance brokers, surveyors, contractors and consultants
- Checking for accuracy and issuing service charge and ground rent applications for payment with the appropriate notices prescribed by Landlord and Tenant Act
- Carrying out service charge debt recovery up to the point of appointing a debt recovery agent
- Carrying out site visits at regular intervals in line with the management agreement and prepare site inspection reports
- Completing the pre-sale enquiry packs as requested in line within Company guidelines and ensuring an accurate response is provided within the agreed time-frames
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and arrange necessary Risk Assessments
- Maintaining regular communication with residents concerning management issues
- Ensuring that invoices are correctly addressed, coded and promptly paid on a routine basis
- Assisting in the production of service charge audit packs and client annual accounts and ensure delivery of service charge accounts to leaseholders
- Maintaining a close working relationship with Property Management Team, assist with any other property issues that may arise and where requested deputise in the absence of other members of the Team.
- IRPM Part 1 (or working towards)
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act
- Good IT skills including Outlook, MS Word, Excel
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Be punctual
- Active team player.
This position is offering a salary package in the region of £32,000. The hours of work will be 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.