Assistant Property Manager – Block Management – Putney
Permanent Putney, London | £24k to £26k Inc Benefits 26000
Job Posted: 2016-11-11 11 November 2016 Closing date for applications: 11 January 2017
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Assistant Property Manager (Block Management) to join this well-established professional property practice. This company are actively involved in general professional work, surveying, residential and commercial property management, block management and more. The business has an excellent reputation and has grown entirely on recommendations over the years.
Our client is currently looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join the team in their primary located office in Putney, South West London.
The purpose of this role is to manage an allocated portfolio of residential properties under the supervision of Senior Management, providing efficient and accurate administration and day to day management. The portfolio is likely to consist of a maximum of 20 blocks and be in the region of 200 units.
This would be an exciting opportunity for an administrator experienced in Block Management looking to progress their career.
The job role will include but not limited to:
In addition to Property Administration duties:
- Oversee the day to day management of leasehold properties to a high standard under the guidance of the Senior Team
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the client, prepare quarterly management reports in the approved format, attend and minute client Board meetings, including AGM’s Director’s meetings and Resident Meetings
- Assist in the production of service charge budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years
- Receive and manage all reactive and planned repairs and maintenance requirements and bringing any major defects to the attention of Senior Team or property surveyor for inclusion in cyclical maintenance programmes
- Placing, overseeing and regularly reviewing maintenance contracts for equipment, plant and general services and ensuring the service visits are undertaken as per the contract
- Assist in ensuring that all utility contracts are suitability tendered and contracts are in place
- Assist with the project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional consultant and ensure that all notices are served in accordance with Section 20 Landlord and Tenant Act
- Maintain strong working relationship with insurance brokers, surveyors, contractors, consultants etc. and create new working arrangements for the benefit of the client and Company
- Promptly log insurance claims and manage all claims efficiently and effectively and liaise with the insurance broker and loss adjustors as applicable
- Be the first point of contact for all Leaseholder enquiries whether by telephone, post or e-mails, ensuring prompt response, recognising and referring any matters which are beyond skill set to someone within the senior member of the team
- Check for accuracy and issue service charge and ground rent applications for payment with the appropriate notices prescribed by Landlord and Tenant Act
- Carry out service charge debt recovery to the point of appointing a debt recovery agent
- Carry out site visits at regular intervals in line with the management agreement and prepare site inspection reports in the approved format and make available to the client on request
- Assist in the management of all compliance issues and lessee requests for consents, recognising and referring any matters which are beyond skill set to someone within the senior team
- Update the pre-sale enquiry packs in conjunction with the Conveyance Department and assist in ensuring an accurate response is provided within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and arrange necessary Risk Assessments. Ensure necessary steps are taken to ensure compliance with risk assessments and Health and Safety management system is kept up to date.
- Maintain regular communication with residents concerning management issues including by written communication, e-mails, newsletters, websites etc
- Ensure that invoices are correctly addressed, coded and promptly paid on a routine basis
- Assist in the production of service charge audit packs and client annual accounts and ensure delivery of service charge accounts to leaseholders
- Assist with the set-up of new schemes ensuring that leaseholders receive introduction letters and contractors receive introduction letters detailing the correct billing details
- Assist with Company Secretarial duties where appointed by the client to act as Company Secretary in-line with Companies House requirements.
- Assist in writing and maintaining bespoke rules and regulations books an ensure that they are distributed
- Maintain a close working relationship with Property Management Team, assist with any other property issues that may arise and where requested deputise in the absence of other members of the Team.
- Undertake all duties usually associated with leasehold property management, in accordance with agreed company procedures, the management agreements and the legal documentation in place
- Perform all duties that the Company and its clients’ deem are in the better interests of any scheme or in the promotion of the business
- Be courteous and professional in all dealings with clients, customers, contractors and public
- Endeavour to remain informed of new relevant legislation and best practice guidelines
- Perform all duties of the out-of-hours point of contact on a rotational basis
- Perform administrative duties and reasonable personal assistant duties to senior members of the team
- Assist with the development of junior staff to develop their property management skills
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as may be directed by more senior team members
- Regularly report to the Associate of Property Management and ensure that they are aware of your progress and providing you with the correct level of support and assistance that is required in order to undertake the role successfully. Assist with the preparation of a tailored development plan for personal growth and career development.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS, ARMA Guidelines and Regulations and best practices on disseminating residential block property management services preferable
- Knowledge of London building structures and developments including purpose built and conversions
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group and with both internal and external staff
- Excellent written communication skills and numerical skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages and knowledge of QUBE would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – ability to multi-task
- Able to work effectively in a team
- A commitment to providing good customer service
- To develop skills to be able to manage own portfolio with less direct supervision
- Will need at least 2 years property administration experience within Block Management.
This role will be paying up to £26,000 dependent on previous experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday with additional benefits.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.