Accommodation Officer – Leading Residential Property Management Company – Bromley, South East London
Permanent Bromley, South East London | £18k to £22k 22000
Job Posted: 2017-05-10 10 May 2017 Closing date for applications: 10 July 2017
This company is a leading residential property management company with multiple years’ experience managing the assets of private landlords, residential portfolio owners and large corporate and institutional investors.
Our client believes that good management is the key to making any property investment successful. They currently have a unique opportunity for an Accommodation Officer where the main objective is help the company create the maximum number of sustainable tenancies to successfully manage the emergency accommodation unit.
To be considered you will need to have fantastic customer service skills and be extremely efficient to be successful in this role.
The duties for this role are as follows:
- Dealing with routine queries by email, telephone, letter and face to face. Liaising with tenants, contractors and Local Authority
- Building professional relationships with tenants and educating tenants in the rules of the unit.
- Ensuring the effective execution and implementation of operational processes, systems and standards
- Carrying out move-ins and inducting tenants to the accommodation. Taking tenants through the induction briefing pack. Providing tenants with direction to key contacts within local authorities and your team
- Carrying out operational tasks including settling in visits, routine inspections, breach of occupancy resolution and end of occupancy
- Ensuring that the rooms meet acceptable standard in accordance with local authority. Noting any disrepair to Tenant rooms or communal areas and make any recommendations on liability as per lease, tenant damage or Landlord responsibility
- Organising and attending evictions where required. Liaising with Local Authority and in house maintenance team in order to secure the property once an eviction takes place
- General administrative and any other duties as required
- Ensuring that any tenant damages are recorded and pursued in line with company processes
- Supporting the completion and collection of paperwork necessary for Housing Benefit claims and the collection of rent.
- Running and monitoring daily progress reports ensuring these are updated and the details are logged on the internal IT systems
- Providing accurate and timely reports
- Completing Local Authority reports where applicable.
Experience required for this role:
- Effective execution and implementation of operational processes and compliance (in relation to property management, maintenance, health and safety, environmental policies or general duty of care)
- Has built and developed a partnership way of working with support agencies and third party suppliers, able to work with them effectively to achieve the required tenants support and business performance
- Has worked for either an accommodation or customer service business previously
- Previous experience of working within a temporary accommodation hostel or similar environment.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Good understanding of temporary housing support needs
- Good understanding of residential landlord responsibility
- Good knowledge and understanding of managing costs effectively
- Good knowledge of running a business
- Good understanding of the Housing Benefit process.
- Computer literate with ability to use word processing tools
- Able to work on own initiative within defined guidelines
- Ability to problem solve and manage difficult customers
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence and access to own car for business use.
This company is offering a salary of £18,000 to £22,000 dependent on experience, plus discretionary annual performance bonus scheme and other company benefits.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am-4pm / 10am-6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.