Senior Property Manager for this market-leading Estate Agency in Wimbledon, South West London
Permanent Wimbledon, South West London | £33k
Job Posted: 2020-03-09 09 March 2020 Closing date for applications: 23 March 2020
This highly-regarded and leading estate agency group with a strong presence in London, is currently looking to recruit a Senior Property Manager to join their office in Wimbledon.
You will be given a sensible volume of residential property to manage so that you can deliver your work to the highest standards. That focus plays a key part in client retention which is extremely important as you will be working with long-term landlords and contractors.
Our client pride themselves in offering excellent career progression and development opportunities.
Duties of a Property Manager:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with landlords
- Making sure tenants and landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecoration
- Processing insurance claims for landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to landlords
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolving where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring current gas safety records and electrical safety checks (PIR) are maintained at all times
- Receiving and actioning maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and posting invoices to the in-house database
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Arranging and carrying out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Previous experience within residential property management
- ARLA/NFoPP qualification
- Experienced in dispute resolution and problem solving
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Highly motivated and positive with a “can do” attitude and good team player
- Good telephone manner
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload.
Our client is offering a generous salary of £33,000. Benefits include access to company-wide incentive schemes and training programmes that has seen members of the team consistently gain new opportunities.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply online now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.