Portfolio Manager (Private Rented Sector) at this leading Estate Agency in Bracknell, Berkshire
Permanent Bracknell, Berkshire | £24k
Job Posted: 2019-03-13 13 March 2019 Closing date for applications: 13 May 2019
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Portfolio Manager to join this leading multi-disciplined estate agency practice at its high-profile office in Bracknell.
In this role you will deal with the day-to-day asset management of residential portfolios across the UK owned by Corporate Clients. Ensuring at all times that those activities are in accordance with the service level agreements between the company’s PRS (Private Rented Sector) & Build to Rent and their clients, and that best practice is followed.
You will manage the lettings process for vacant properties, managing void periods, rental values and ensuring they meet the clients Gross Rent requirements. These portfolios are under instruction of large Corporate Landlords and will involve ensuring that the process is managed to the highest professional standard.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Carrying out property visits on a periodic basis
- Regular client facing meetings to discuss overall financial performance of the portfolio
- Overseeing the repairs and maintenance as required and ensuring strict service levels are adhered to regarding completion times and commitment for expenditure in line with client requirements. Ensuring all expenditure is cost effective
- Sourcing and instructing local sub agents to obtain optimum lettings performance. To liaise with Local sub agents to ensure that the properties are fully marketed and obtain details of viewings and interest
- Assessing property portfolios ensuring that every endeavour has been made to make sure that properties are let as quickly as possible and to develop marketing strategies on specific units and schemes
- Dealing with strict procedures to ensure that properties are let in accordance with clients’ requirements
- Chasing sub instructed agents for return of signed documentation and initial funds
- Assessing applications received from local sub agents and assessing suitability
- Attending Corporate Client meetings to discuss Lettings strategies and explaining performance on void properties
- Continual assessment of properties to ensure that market rental figure is at optimum level but also competitive in variety of local markets
- Preparing detailed reports for clients and management to show progress of lettings to date and activity on individual portfolios
- Controlling and handling of queries/complaints in accordance with procedure
- Attending review meetings with clients to report on progress of portfolios in line with agreed timescales (will involve overnight stays away)
- Preparation of reports to Senior Management to reflect performance, expenditure actual and commitment.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience gained within residential lettings or residential asset management
- Highly-motivated and able to demonstrate success within the lettings market
- Qualified to ARLA /NFOPP Legal Advanced Level or Equivalent
- Able to demonstrate first class customer service skills
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and comfortable / excited at using your initiative in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change regularly
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship skills, with a strong customer centric approach (comfortable working with colleagues at all levels within the organisation)
- High levels of energy, drive, enthusiasm with a passion for self-development and being an active and supportive member of a high performing team
This position will come with an initial salary of £24,000 plus an annual bonus of between 5-10%. The bonus is bench-marked against department performance and personal performance. Benefits include career progression and opportunities and award-winning training.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.