Contractor Manager for this upmarket global Estate Agency in Richmond, Surrey
Permanent Richmond, Surrey | £30k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2019-04-14 14 April 2019 Closing date for applications: 14 June 2019
This upmarket global real estate agency with an enviable reputation and an international network of offices, has a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Contractor Manager to join the team in Richmond. The position will suit a highly-motivated, articulate, ‘people’s person’ with strong communication skills.
The purpose of the role is to effectively manage the relationship between the company and the contractors who carry out works at the properties that they let and manage. The target is to ensure good quality workmanship and value for clients, whilst ensuring that the necessary compliance and health and safety is adhered to and that invoices are paid in a timely manner. Also, to review lessons learned, suggest process changes and carry out training.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting on, monitoring and obtaining the required certification for all contractors on the approved list
- Interviewing new contractors, obtaining the relevant documentation and adding contractors to the database
- Monitoring the performance of contractors and to regularly meet with them to provide feedback
- Where performance is not up to standard, arranging meetings with contractors to discuss the issues and review whether they should remain on the database
- Monitoring supplier debt and liaising between members of staff and contractors to ensure prompt payment of invoices
- Constantly reviewing and periodically updating the Service Level Agreement with the contractors and company requirements
- Calculating and agreeing fixed prices for services
- Working closely with the Head of Central Property Management and the Team Leaders within the department to improve the level of service provided by the contractors
- Building and maintaining relationships with Heads of Departments and front offices both within Lettings and within the company as a whole
- Finding common process issues and areas of customer dissatisfaction relating to contractors and to debrief members of staff/recommend process changes/carry out training
- Reducing pay outs and waived fees
- Attending and presenting at regular team, departmental, divisional and company-wide meetings.
- Contractor management experience
- A customer service background
- Good working knowledge of the lettings industry and of property management specifically
- Ideally be ARLA licensed/achieved the NFOPP Technical Award
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent team worker with a flexible approach to work
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- See tasks through to completion
- Self-motivated and confident
- Ability to multi-task
- Lateral thinker.
The salary on offer for this role will be in the region of £30,000 to £35,000, plus annual discretionary bonus.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.