Property Manager at this leading firm of Estate Agents & Chartered Surveyors in Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent Chertsey, Surrey | £28k to £33k 33000
Job Posted: 2018-09-09 09 September 2018 Closing date for applications: 09 November 2018
Our client is a leading firm of estate agents & chartered surveyors based in Chertsey, Surrey. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager to join the residential department, where the main responsibility will be to assist in the management of a varied portfolio of houses and flats.
The successful candidate will be working directly with the residential manager and will be expected to get involved in all aspects of this busy department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Liaising with landlords and tenants in all aspects of property management
- Carrying out residential property management inspections and following these up with reports to landlords and tenants
- Identifying reactive maintenance issues and liaising with landlords, tenants and contractors
- Maintenance of landlord’s statutory obligations (gas safety inspections, health & safety, fire risk assessments etc)
- Managing utility contracts and apportion utility bills
- Other key areas of work including updating property databases and files, dealing with financial queries, assisting the financial controller as necessary and other associated duties to successfully manage landlords’ property.
- Practical experience of property management, undertaking property visits and reporting to landlords/tenants
- Experience of identifying maintenance issues and liaising with contractors
- A keen eye for detail and problem solving with commercial acumen
- Proactive, organised and able to use your own initiative with a high degree of literacy
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook etc
- Work well in a team
- Ideally ARLA qualified
- Full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to make the role their own and support will be available to grow and develop with the company.
Our client is offering a salary of £28,000 to £33,000. You will also be provided with a parking permit and a mileage allowance or pooled car. The working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.