Pre-Tenancy Coordinator / Lettings Administrator at this leading Estate Agency firm in Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex
Permanent Staines, Middx | £22k to £25k 25000
Job Posted: 2018-07-05 05 July 2018 Closing date for applications: 05 September 2018
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to join the lettings team of this leading estate agency firm.
Our client currently has a vacancy for a Pre-Tenancy Co-ordinator/Lettings Administrator within their award-winning lettings department in Staines-upon-Thames. They are expanding, and need positive, committed individuals to join their professional, pro-active and friendly team.
The role will include the following duties:
- Preparing the hard and soft copy of the pre-tenancy file for each new agreed let, and also create the record on the company’s system. Completing each file and sign off the check list
- Sending an offer letter to landlord/s and tenant/s and draft the tenancy agreement (including Deed of Guarantee if relevant)
- Ensuring the company have completed and passed references for the tenant/s, and landlord/s approval prior to the move-in
- Taking the legalities of your position very seriously and ensuring that your clients understand the need for safety checks before and during a tenancy, and organise pre-tenancy safety checks (or obtain documents from the landlord/s). All documents to be scanned onto the system and enter the certificate dates for renewal reminders
- Obtaining the required documents from the tenant/s and landlord/s to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, Right to Rent Regulations and their responsibilities and duty of care as an agent, as applicable
- Entering the rent details onto the system to make sure that the tenant/s and landlord/s are invoiced correctly initially and at the correct periods during the tenancy
- Arranging for a professional inventory to be carried out and checked at the start of every new tenancy. Check the report once it is received
- Ensuring that the holding deposit and completion monies are received in a timely fashion and receipted correctly on the system, and the bookkeeper is advised accordingly
- Registering the security deposit with the TDS
- Visiting all managed properties prior to the new tenancy commencing and ensure that everything is ready for the tenant/s to move-in. Ensuring that you have a maintenance float available for the property if managed
- Maintaining a positive, productive and friendly relationship with tenants, whilst understanding that your client is the landlord. Any conflict between tenant and landlord must be handled professionally and in accordance with the company’s obligations, both legally and morally
- Updating your legal and market knowledge regularly
- Using every opportunity to gain recommendations or referrals for future business and ask for good client testimonials whenever possible.
In addition, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Great organisational ability
- Effective communication skills
- Genuine focus on customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude
- High level of attention to detail
- Masses of common sense and personality
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- ARLA technical award
- Local knowledge of Staines-Upon-Thames
- Full driving licence.
This position provides a salary in the region of £22,000 to £25,000. Our client may consider somebody looking to work part-time hours.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.