Property Manager at this residential Letting and Management Agency in Cockfosters, North London
Permanent Cockfosters, North London | £30k
Job Posted: 2018-08-27 27 August 2018 Closing date for applications: 27 October 2018
Our client is an award-winning residential letting and management agency that specialises in acquiring and managing private rented accommodation. They pride themselves on delivering a high standard of service tailored to meet the needs of their local authority clients, landlords and tenants alike. Their vision is to be the market-leader in the provision of high-quality temporary accommodation, whilst providing best value at all times.
As a Property Manager, you will be responsible for a sizeable portfolio of properties, therefore, a solid property management background is essential, as is the ability to demonstrate a track record of your knowledge and achievements.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, hardworking and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Answering general, maintenance and emergency phone calls, dealing with all general enquiries and resolve reported management issues accordingly
- Managing and updating Excel & CFP Winman software or any other software to carry out your day to day task
- Acting as a central point of contact for all council clients, landlords, tenants, managing agents and contractors & other 3rd parties e.g. solicitors
- Instructing maintenance works and ensuring the completion of the work within prescribed timescales
- Obtaining cost estimates for approval by landlord before carrying out work
- Keeping directors updated of any major issues
- Arranging access to properties with correct notification, as necessary
- Maintaining the quality of landlord properties, organising regular property (every 2 months) inspections
- Completing all administrative functions to ensure the accuracy of landlord and tenant information, contractor billing and payment details
- Accurately raising work orders on CFP Winman software
- Accurately processing contractors’ invoices and all associated administrative work and update CFP Winman software
- Receiving and coordinating new tenancies and end of tenancies. Ensure all administrative works & records involved are updated & completed
- Processing home-finder notices to vacate – Section 21 notices, monitoring monthly benefit payments and arranging rent collection when necessary
- Liaising with tenants after check-out
- Arranging for gas safety inspection, boiler service and/or any other statutory & local authority compliance requirements. Ensuring all the compulsory and council client requirements are carried out in a timely manner
- Processing insurance claims on behalf of landlords
- Awareness of health & safety property issues
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld.
- A minimum of 3 years’ property management experience.
- Highly motivated, emotionally mature and positive with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to work within a small team
- Exceptional organisational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Expert communicator capable of effectively managing conflict and solving problems
- Ability to multi-task by employing effective time management strategies
- Excellent IT skills with intermediate MS Word & Excel
- Be well presented and communicate with internal and external customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Confidence, enthusiasm and strong dedication to the job and company
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
This exciting opportunity will provide a salary in the region of £30,000. They offer 22 days holiday (increasing by 1 day per year up to 27 days) plus bank holidays.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm (30 minute lunch break) or 9.30am to 6pm (1 hour lunch break).
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com