Assistant Head of Operations at this Property Investment and Property Management Company in Chertsey, Surrey
Permanent Chertsey, Surrey | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2018-06-24 24 June 2018 Closing date for applications: 24 August 2018
An exciting role has become available at this rapidly-growing residential property investment and property management company, specialising in the search and management of rentals on behalf of high net worth individuals.
The criteria for the Assistant Head of Operations is to manage a property management portfolio of approximately 150 properties and assist the Head of Operations. The role will be based at our client’s busy office in Chertsey, Surrey.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Establishing block managers if part of a new development
- Ensuring Reapit is updated with all communications relating to the tenancy or property
- Assessing check-in reports and notify landlord of any works required
- Writing to all utility companies and local authorities advising of new tenancy details to include meter readings where appropriate
- Setting up appointment for first inspection visit
- Taking calls from tenants reporting maintenance issues
- Raising work orders with appropriate local contractor for works to be done and monitor on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
- Upon receipt of invoices cross reference these with work orders and authorise these for accounts to action
- Carrying out checks on works completed by contacting tenants to check works carried out to a satisfactory standard
- Monitoring compliance tasks (GSC, PIR) and raising work orders to renew gas safety certificates 30 days prior to expiry of the current certificate
- Monitoring arrears and following arrears procedure for outstanding rents
- Processing service charge invoices for payment from landlord
- Serving of legal notices to end a tenancy
- Advising landlord and lettings & sales consultants upon receiving a notice that the property will be re-marketed
- Assessing check-out report and raise appropriate work orders
- Liaising between landlord and tenant with regard to settling the deposit
- Compiling paperwork for TDS disputes if required
- Compiling paperwork for court cases
- Responding to initial complaints from either tenants or landlords in connection to any property management issues
- Escalating unresolved complaints to the operations manager
Additional responsibilities to be carried out during periods the Operations Manager is absent:
- Attending Ops meetings to discuss on going subjects
- Conducting new tenancy checks
- Being the first point of contact for property management and lettings team in event of any queries or issues to assist them in resolving these in the first instance. If they are not able to deal with escalated issues then to take these on, investigate, resolve and correspond with relevant parties to advise of the outcome
- Monitoring interim inspections are completed
- In conjunction with the accounts manager ensure that everything is dealt with in the absence of the directors
- Compiling board meeting statistics and present these to the board
- Attending site meetings with clients as and when required
- Training new members of staff and assisting with ongoing training
- Responding to unresolved complaints forwarded by the lettings/sales administrators or property managers.
The initial salary package included for this fantastic role will be in the region of £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on the level of experience.
The hours of work will be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.