Block Manager at this independent Estate Agency in Putney, South West London
Permanent Putney, South West London | £30k to £35k 35000
Job Posted: 2018-06-23 23 June 2018 Closing date for applications: 23 August 2018
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this professional independent estate agency in Putney for an experienced Block Manager.
Previous experience within block management is essential as you will be leading the fast-growing financial and business expansion. Our client is looking for a strong, focused individual who is extremely organised and can hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client
- Reviewing and issuing service charge budgets
- Receiving and managing all reactive and planned repairs and maintenance requirements and bringing any major defects to the attention of the senior team or property surveyor
- Ensuring that all utility contracts are suitability tendered and contracts are in place
- Assisting with the project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional consultant
- Maintaining strong working relationship with insurance brokers, surveyors, contractors and consultants
- Checking for accuracy and issuing service charge and ground rent applications for payment with the appropriate notices prescribed by landlord and tenant act
- Carrying out service charge debt recovery up to the point of appointing a debt recovery agent
- Carrying out site visits at regular intervals in line with the management agreement and prepare site inspection reports
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to and arrange necessary risk assessments
- Maintaining regular communication with residents concerning management issues
- Ensuring that invoices are correctly addressed, coded and promptly paid on a routine basis
- Assisting in the production of service charge audit packs and client annual accounts and ensure delivery of service charge accounts to leaseholders.
- Strong knowledge of relevant landlord and tenant act
- Relevant health & safety training or experience
- Good IT skills including Outlook, MS Word, Excel
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Be punctual
- Active team player.
The salary for this role will be from £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on previous experience.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.