Property Manager for this Investment and Property Development Company in Northampton/Central London
Permanent , Northampton / Central London | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2018-04-24 24 April 2018 Closing date for applications: 24 June 2018
Our client specialises in office to residential conversions and have secured a property portfolio of 300+ units across 10 cities in the UK.
The company has plans to grow internally and wishes to recruit a Property Manager to assist with the day to day operation of its completed and rented buildings. The role is based 4 days a week in the Midlands where the majority of properties are located, and 1 day a week at the London office.
This is an exciting role for an individual with a good understanding of property management as you will be responsible for the rental property portfolio and will need to be able to work independently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pre-tenancy checks to ensure all paperwork is correct and property is ready for move-in
- Arranging inventories, check-in and check-out appointments
- Advising utility companies of meter readings
- Property maintenance, including co-ordination of estimates and subsequent repairs by contractors
- Negotiating and co-ordinating renewal contracts
- Negotiating the return of deposits between landlord and tenant
- Drafting final statement of repairs for accounts to process
- Monitoring contractor performance and ensuring maintenance works undertaken reconcile with quotes and invoices – you will be required to work closely with Accounts to achieve this
- Carrying out regular stock checks and property inspections
- Organising the property records and creating reports on performance
- Identifying issues and providing the appropriate follow-up action where necessary
- Ensuring gas safety checks are up to date
- Ensuring electrical safety checks are up to date
- Working with the rest of the business to achieve best results in line with the property management strategy.
- Minimum 3 years prior property management experience at an investment or estate agency company
- Good understanding of industry practices in the UK property market, including all relevant legislation
- Systematic approach with strong administrative skills
- Good understanding of Excel with ability to assimilate information, model and create reports
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This role is offering a salary of £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience, along with a car allowance. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.