Lettings Administrator for this leading Property Specialist in Chelsea, Central London
Permanent Chelsea, London | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2018-06-22 22 June 2018 Closing date for applications: 22 August 2018
Our client is a leading independent property specialist operating predominantly within The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. They have primely positioned offices serving their Sales, Lettings and Block Management departments.
They only employ the best and most experienced professionals in each department and their depth of knowledge on all aspects of residential property is unsurpassed.
You will be responsible for the general organisation and administration of front office activities, specifically in connection to the generation of new lets. This is a key administrative role in terms of supporting the negotiators with the progression of their lets and the Lettings Director with the management of stock.
Your duties will include:
- Referring market appraisal calls to the Lettings Director and Senior Lettings Consultant and when necessary book in appointments
- Preparing market appraisal packs
- Referring any withdrawn information to Lettings team and update systems
- Progressing offer through to completion of let, liaising with negotiators as and when queries arise
- Creating all the tenancy paper work which is needed for the new Let
- Liaising with both Tenant and Landlord, issuing paper work, chasing back paper work and ensuring the letting process happens smoothly
- Liaising between inventory clerk and cleaners for the tenancy preparation
- Registering the deposit with the TDS
- Keeping the Property Manager up to date with the whole process
- Checking messages and send them to team member to follow up
- Responsible for keys
- Notifying the Director of any complaints as and when they arise
- Handling applicant enquiries and passing onto negotiators equally
- Referring all cheque, banking and card payments on the day of receipt, ensuring all relevant information is accurately recorded on any accounts forms, to accounts
- General administration duties
- Dealing with post.
- A smart appearance and professional approach is essential
- Excellent communication, administration skills and efficiency
- Customer focused with a commitment to maintaining excellent customer service standards at all times
- Positive promotion of the department at all times inside and outside work
- Team player
- Accurate typing and data inputting skills
- Ability to effectively use Word and Excel
- Proactive with good time-management abilities
- Excellent standard of English and numeracy
- Motivated by excellence and financial reward.
Bonus points for:
- Education up to A Level is preferable
- Ideally 1-2 years working in a related role.
The salary for this role will be in the region of £25,000 to £30,000. This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.