Property Manager at this leading Estate Agency in Headington, Oxfordshire
Permanent Headington, Oxfordshire | £25k to £30k 30000
Job Posted: 2018-07-03 03 July 2018 Closing date for applications: 03 September 2018
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual looking to join a leading estate agency as a Property Manager. This exciting and rewarding position is with a highly successful privately-owned agency in Headington. They have a very high profile and an enviable market share in the area.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of around 150 properties, therefore prior Property Management experience is essential as well as having fantastic communication and organisation skills.
- Retaining and growing the company’s existing rent base to agreed targets by building rapport with landlords
- Ensuring effective relationship with contractors, suppliers and other professionals to ensure standards are reached and maintained
- Working as a team with the whole Property Management department
- Achieving individual and team targets as well as personal goals
- Understanding the company values and implementing them positively each day
- Working with department Supervisor & Associate Director to implement systems and processes to achieve exceptional service standards at all times
- Managing an allocated portfolio of property and be main point of contact for landlords and tenants
- Actively participating in office meetings
- Canceling all job orders on properties where a new tenancy does not proceed & reschedule or settle account with Landlord
- Acting on and process any maintenance job orders, in priority/status order, to pre-empt potential problems and ensure the effective maintenance of properties adhering to Landlords instruction as set out in Terms of Business & Maintenance preferences
- Daily monitoring of progressing job orders
- All contractors/suppliers must be paid within 30 days of an invoice being received
- Ensuring contractors meet company standards, that charges/rates are competitive and that timescales are adhered to
- All properties are to be prepared to company standards for each tenancy
- Completing pre-tenancy final checks
- Arranging and carrying out regular routine property visits three months after a new tenancy start and six months thereafter. Reports produced with effective feedback to Landlords & Tenants. Act on maintenance promptly and follow through to completion as part of daily job progression
- Identifying potential refurbishment opportunities and managing refurbishment works to agreed targets
- Weekly auditing of deficit rent/refurbishment accounts and requesting funds from Landlord.
Knowledge and skills:
- LetMC (and other) processes and procedures
- Property legislation (undertake/complete ARLA technical award)
- The Lettings and Property Management process.
- How to calculate gross & net rental yields.
- Planning, time management and prioritising skills
- Administrative skills
- Influencing skills
- IT skills
- Customer service skills
- Team skills
- Attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence and car owner.
This position will come with a salary of £25,000 to £30,000. This is a Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.