Portfolio Manager for a Portfolio Management agency in St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Permanent St Albans, Hertfordshire | £30k to £40k 40000
Job Posted: 2018-03-04 04 March 2018 Closing date for applications: 04 May 2018
Our client is a developer of high-end rental apartments across North London. They are currently recruiting for a Portfolio Manager to join their busy and growing property team.
To be considered for this role, you will have several years’ experience in Property Management, with some commercial property management experience being a distinctive advantage. You will also preferably have knowledge of HMO licensing and regulations.
You will be reporting directly to the directors and be responsible for managing a small team. The ideal candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude and an excellent sense of humour in order to fit in with the dedicated, friendly team. The role will also involve having end-to-end responsibility and P&L accountability for managing a residential and commercial property portfolio of approximately 200 properties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out property visits on a regular basis
- Keeping abreast of new letting/residential legislation and constant appraisal of market conditions and rent as applicable to the particularity of the portfolio
- Managing on-going relationships with contractors, suppliers. Sourcing new contractors where appropriate
- Approval of tenant applications in line with company policy
- Instructing contractors ensuring quotes and time frames are honoured
- 2nd line tenant issue resolution in line with company policy
- Monitoring maintenance costs
- Project managing refurbishment projects
- People management
- Dealing with rent arrears, tenants deposits and property maintenance issues
- Commercial property management
- Overall responsibility for rent collection.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- First class customer service skills
- Skilled use of IT (Microsoft, Excel, Word and property management software)
- Sound knowledge and experience of the serving of Section 21 and S8 notices together with court and bailiff procedures
- Experience in managing staff and small teams, strong communication, influencing and relationship skills and comfortable working with colleagues at all levels
- Sound knowledge of relevant guidelines, regulations, procedures, and legislation within residential property management
- Experience and demonstrated ability in dispute resolution and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing minor capitol works and refurbishments of properties
- NFoPP qualification would be advantageous
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary on offer for this role will equate to £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience and ability. The company is also offering benefits, such as, fantastic career progression and an attractive bonus scheme.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: email@example.com.