Property Manager at this upmarket independent Estate Agency in Westminster, Central London
Permanent Westminster, Central London | £34k to £39k OTE 39000
Job Posted: 2018-03-08 08 March 2018 Closing date for applications: 08 May 2018
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading, upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. They are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their multi award-winning company, in their primary located office based in Westminster.
The successful candidate will need at least 4 year’s experience within a Property Management role as well as outstanding customer service and communication skills, as this company are passionate about delivering a bespoke service to clients.
You will be managing a portfolio of properties based in Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Mayfair. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the tenants and landlords in line with company service level agreements.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and re-decorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arranging electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and post invoices to the in-house database
- Securing additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Responding to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arranging and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Experience in managing an active, upmarket portfolio
- ARLA qualified – essential
- Strong knowledge of the housing act, relevant property legislation and arbitration process
- Experience progressing deposit releases, move in and negotiating tenancy renewals
- Efficient in addressing maintenance queries and achieving successful completion
- IT literacy of the following packages; Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and Property software
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Full UK driving licence is preferred.
The salary for this role will be £28,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience, plus a bonus incentive enabling you to earn between £32,000 and 34,000
The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 6pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.