Property Manager (junior) for this firm of Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Permanent Cambridge, Cambridgeshire | £23k to £25k 25000
Job Posted: 2017-11-28 28 November 2017 Closing date for applications: 28 January 2018
This upmarket, award-winning firm of Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join the Cambridge office.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual looking to work for, and progress within, a reputable company. To be considered for this role, you will preferably have some experience within property management, however, this does not need to be extensive.
The office has a pooled portfolio system, where the property management department share the 650 properties between them. The role will involve reacting to maintenance issues whenever they arise, and you will also be involved in some inventories checks.
The job role includes:
- Administering the management of let properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems that arise, arranging repairs and improvements, overseeing pre-tenancy works and handling the check-out process.
- Identifying and recommend property upgrades and refurbishments, organising any between tenancy works including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise landlord income
- Co-ordinating the relevant safety checks with specialist contractors and recording the valid documentation on a central database
- Conducting property inspections to ensure they are kept in a tenant like manner whilst evaluating maintenance issues and notifying Landlords of any changes requiring further attention
- Submitting and handling insurance claims including obtaining quotations, providing the supporting evidence and instructing required works at the correct stage
- Enforcing the terms of all leases and agreements when necessary and arranging for the relevant notices to be served
- Understanding the area and developing a sound knowledge of property rents and values
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping, update and maximise the use of databases to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
- Supporting the excellent reputation of the company by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants
- Handling inventory checks when necessary.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Some experience in residential property lettings and property management is preferable
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Presentation skills
- Team player
- Full UK driving licence.
The initial salary package for this role will be in the region of £23,000 to £25,000. The company offer pooled cars, however, you may also use your own car.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm and you will be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays on a rota basis.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.