Property Manager (3 month contract) for a Real Estate Asset Manager in St James’, London
Contract Temporary St James, London | £35k
Job Posted: 2017-11-08 08 November 2017 Closing date for applications: 08 January 2018
Our client is a real estate asset manager that identifies, acquires, develops and manages real estate on behalf of long-term Investors. Their strategy is to increase the value of the residential, commercial and hotel portfolio through acquisition and development.
Our client intends to become established as a market leader in the PRS sector by effectively managing its current portfolio and adding new developments.
Working across both the existing portfolio and new acquisitions, the Property Manager will be looking after the interests of the client with both the external managing agent and tenants, and maximises the rental opportunity by ensuring properties are in good condition.
This role will include the following:
- Effective and responsive day-to-day management of allocated properties, both directly and in conjunction with Managing Agents
- Proactive primary point of contact for managing agents re rental strategy, repairs and maintenance, expenditure
- Leveraging relationship with 3rd party suppliers to deliver better commercial outcomes for services and maintenance
- Supporting Head of PRS in maintaining the company’s reputation as a landlord in order to maximise rental yield
- Managing the lettings partners, controlling costs and managing service delivery
- Providing input as required into developing a streamlined rental-yield focused property management strategy for PRS portfolio
- Contributing to creation of a template for basic PRS design standards to drive out rework costs
- Providing direct management to small buildings as allocated
- Emergency point of contact for managing agents and tenants (including out of hours)
- Overseeing all building utility contracts
- Ensuring tenants are complying with lease terms and properties are kept in good repair
- Carrying out regular tenancy inspections
- Assisting with review of rent collections and assisting with bad debt collection
- Ensuring tenant’s deposits are protected in government approved scheme
- Co-ordinating any insurance claims with insurance broker
- Ensuring gas/electrical equipment is safely installed and maintained.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with a proven track-record of delivering excellent results
- Practical with good problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Diligent, attention to detail, working to very high standards personally and technically
- Possesses a high-performance, continuous improvement outlook
- Tenacious and determined – not easily frustrated by complex challenges or changing priorities
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic.
- Block management experience
- Previous property management experience
- AIRPM – Association of Residential Property Manager (desirable, not essential)
- A good understanding of rental / letting regulations, legislation, regulations, standards, and commercial procedures
- Experience of viability and affordable housing
- Experience in residential / London property market.
It is important to note that this is a 3-month contract.
This role is offering a salary of £35,000 (pro rata). This is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.