General Manager for this Hotel Alternative in Central London
Permanent , Central London | £60k Inc Benefits
Job Posted: 2017-10-17 17 October 2017 Closing date for applications: 17 December 2017
Our client is a hotel alternative, providing luxury suites and serviced residences in three prestigious London locations – Mayfair, Marylebone and Little Venice along with a five-star hotel in Notting Hill. They offer a unique experience that is both luxurious and bespoke; a home from home, with a dedicated concierge service to rival any 5-star hotel’s. As part of the company’s ambitious expansion plans, they are currently looking to recruit a talented, visionary individual to become a General Manager.
This person will oversee the operational functions of the apartments team, constantly driving service excellence and managing performance. Operating from a strategic level, you will be developing their brand presence to allow for growth in their current portfolio. Driving business development through direct sales, exploiting new markets, and commercial evaluation of new opportunities, the General Manager will have overall responsibility for the revenue generation and operational expenses of the team managed under this role.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Working closely with the House Managers and their teams to develop the brand portfolio with properties, staff engagement, profitability and forecasting
- Ensuring that customer excellence is key in achieving overall client satisfaction
- Attending client, networking, and vendor events throughout the region
- Managing inventory to ensure product availability and monitoring effectiveness of revenue management strategies to ensure success
- Implementation of team development (in collaboration with HR) through selection, succession planning, job rotation and cross training
- Supporting the House Managers where required and offering cover where necessary
- Managing monthly targets for sales and revenue generation across the apartments
- Ensuring that financial records and data are maintained and recorded
- Budgeting, auditing monthly financial statements, and adjusting as necessary to guide profitability and growth.
- Presenting monthly P&L review at board level.
- Preferably educated to degree level
- 10+ years of customer service experience in hospitality and property management
- 4+ years of management experience in hospitality and property management
- UK real estate experience preferred
- Strong IT skills and experience with working with a variety of software packages
- Able to demonstrate initiative and not afraid to be hands-on, with a track record of success.
The salary package on offer will be circa £60,000 along with attractive company benefits to include heavily incentivised bonus scheme, health and pension inclusion plus the usual additions associated with such a role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.