Property Manager at this independent Estate Agency in Berkshire
Permanent , Berkshire | £25k to £28k OTE 28000
Job Posted: 2017-09-26 26 September 2017 Closing date for applications: 26 November 2017
This well-regarded independent estate agency with a network of local offices is currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to be a part of their friendly team based in Berkshire.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the company’s Landlords and Tenants receive an effective, customer focused property management service during their tenancy.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience as a Property Manager, as well as possessing excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Deal with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensure a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receive and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Check, authorise and post invoices to the in-house database
- Secure additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues
- Arrange appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Act as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Respond to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arrange and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiate damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- IT literate
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to take the initiative
- Excellent telephone manner
- Problem solving skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work effectively and efficiently – in a team and independently
- Full UK driving licence.
The salary on offer will be between £22,000 and £25,000 depending on your level of experience within this field, plus a £3,000 bonus.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com