Property Manager at this award-winning and privately-owned Estate Agency in the Elmbridge Borough
Permanent Elmbridge Borough, Surrey | £23k to £26k 26000
Job Posted: 2017-08-28 28 August 2017 Closing date for applications: 28 October 2017
This award-winning and privately-owned estate agency is looking to recruit a Property Manager to join the team based in the Elmbridge Borough.
The company has an enviable reputation due to consistently providing the very best level of service to its clients.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience as a Property Manager, as well as possessing excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
The role will include the following:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Ensuring tenants and landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and re-decorations
- Processing insurance claims for landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Responding to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Dealing with and resolving where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensuring a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arranging electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receiving and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Checking, authorising and posting invoices to the in-house database
- Securing additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed the agreed limit
- Arranging appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Acting as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Responding to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arranging and carrying out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Submitting reports to landlords meeting the department’s seven day time frame and following up any identified maintenance issues
- Negotiating damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Strong communication, customer service and organisational skills
- Experienced in dispute resolution and problem solving
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Highly motivated and positive with a “can do” attitude and good team player
- Good telephone manner
- Able to multi task and prioritise workload
- ARLA qualification preferable
- Full UK driving licence for property inspections.
The package for this role will include a salary of £23,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience.
The hours of work will be in between 9.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.