Block Manager at this upmarket independent Estate Agency in Islington, London
Permanent Islington, London | £40k to £50k Inc Benefits 50000
Job Posted: 2017-08-20 20 August 2017 Closing date for applications: 20 October 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading, upmarket independent estate agency with a large network of offices throughout London. Our client is currently looking for a Block Manager to join the Islington branch of this multi award-winning company.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Operations and managing a portfolio of prestigious properties.
Our client is looking for a tenacious individual, who is work-driven and likes a challenge. Ideally you will be IRPM qualified with a minimum of 7 years senior management experience.
The role will include the following:
- Looking after a key portfolio of clients managing the properties on a day to day basis
- Acting as a liaison between relevant departments and the client
- Regular site inspections
- Liaising with resident directors, lessees, residents, contractors and other stakeholders as required
- Preparing annual service charge budgets
- Issuing quarterly reports and approving invoices
- Mentoring other members of staff
- Instructing appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance
- Liaising with assistant to ensure administration work is allocated
- Managing communal insurance claims
- Supervising caretakers/on site staff
- Checking compliance and enforcement of the terms of leases and statutory requirements
- Attending residents’ meetings, board meetings and AGMs
- Preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate
- Working within legislation when dealing with major works.
- Advanced knowledge of the housing act, relevant property legislation and arbitration process
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- IT literacy of the following packages; Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and Property software
- Organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work in a team and independently.
The package for this role will include a salary of £40,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience plus company benefits.
The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.