Head of Block Management at this independent residential and commercial Estate Agency in Hertford, Hertfordshire
Permanent Hertford, Hertfordshire | £50k to £55k 55000
Job Posted: 2017-07-10 10 July 2017 Closing date for applications: 10 September 2017
This widely-respected independent residential and commercial estate agency currently have a fantastic vacancy for Head of Block Management available to lead the dedicated, highly reputable team.
You will be overseeing and supporting the Property Managers, the Service Charge Accounts Department and co-ordinating with the Directors. The purpose of the role is to ensure the Property Managers are compliant with Landlord and Tenant Legislation, ARMAQ and RICS requirements. You will also need to manage setting up new management instructions and creating service charge budgets.
You will be assisting the company towards achieving agreed financial and business expansion targets set by the main board.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to Property Managers’ and senior staff
- Regularly liaising with Property Managers’ and understanding their current position with all managed properties
- Constantly reviewing the tracker and providing weekly up-dates highlighting issues and areas of concern to the senior management team
- Complaint resolution – dealing with both the complainant and the relevant professional body
- Taking the lead with complex leasehold and management issues and be the supporting link between block managers and building surveyors
- Giving practical assistance to Property Managers that require any support, advice or training
- Working with the Property Managers to establish a realistic service charge budget process reflecting the month-by-month financial requirements of each block
- Writing and then up-dating the Company Procedural manual
- Managing ARMAQ process with company Compliance Officer
- Identifying general staff training needs
- Helping identify new areas of business and assisting with new management pitches, as required
- Attendance at Tribunals and Courts when applicable.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Good knowledge of the requirements of ARMAQ including the Consumer Charter and Standards and the RICS Service Charge Residential Code of Management.
- Able to identify staff problems before they become an issue, and deal with them effectively, keeping the Managing Director informed
- Able to work with minimum supervision, and not be afraid to take the initiative, but know the limits of your authority
- Be respected and trusted by the team
- Be trusted by Senior Management.
The salary for this role will be £50,000 to £55,000 dependent on experience. The hours of work will be from 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday. The properties are all local to the office, therefore, you will be able to walk to all appointments.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.