Senior Block Manager at this independent Property Consultancy Company in Balham, South West London
Permanent Balham, South West London | £45k to £50k 50000
Job Posted: 2017-07-05 05 July 2017 Closing date for applications: 06 September 2017
This market-leading independent property consultancy company, with a reputation for high quality service, is currently recruiting for a Senior Block Manager to be based at the Balham office.
In this role, you will be managing designated site staff and managing a portfolio of approximately 700 properties in the block, including non-residential units, AST’s and leasehold.
To be successful within this position you will need to be confident in liaising externally with clients, residents and contractors and internally with specialist teams in the company. It is essential that you have previous Block Management experience in order to be considered.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring that the Letting and Management service complies with all statutory regulation and requirements including Health & Safety
- Promoting a neighborly and community atmosphere and manage all resident communication and to ensure resident issues and requests are dealt with in line with current procedures
- Reporting to the client and Letting / Management Team on all elements of the Block and manage all requests for Landlord’s consent
- Taking ownership of annual service charge budget and oversee ground rent and service charge invoicing
- Identifying incidents and maintenance issues promptly ensuring the necessary action is taken, carrying out block and works inspections (sometimes offsite if required) and to manage repair, maintenance and improvement works
- Managing all site staff and contractors on site and monitor and approve invoices
- Attending meetings as and when required with Residents, Clients and other members of staff. Attending court hearings and tribunals as required
- Understanding lease covenants and obligations
- Complying with Section 20 legislation. Taking ownership of such works
- Managing all solicitors’ enquiries and any claims via brokers/loss adjusters
- Taking ownership of accurate financial recording and reporting, ensuring that year-end accounts are issued to leaseholders with statutory time frames
- Support the team by coordinating and conducting viewings, resident interviews, right to rent checks and collecting supporting documentation.
- Industry related qualification is preferred but not essential
- Good level of education – Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong IT skills, (Property Management systems, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be prepared to undertake study and achieve qualifications specific to the role
- Good working knowledge of the PRS sector and property management
- Possess a good understanding of the current Housing Act and Legislation
- Knowledge and experience of Service Charge Management and ownership
- Leadership qualities, able to provide supervision and support.
The package on offer for this role is an attractive £45,000 to £50,000.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.