Property Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. This means that the company is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. The company does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the grounds of their race or colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
The directors have prime responsibility for implementing and monitoring this equal opportunities policy. Any queries on equal opportunities issues should be referred to the managing director.
Where complaints of discrimination are made, the company will investigate these and take the appropriate steps in light of the results of the investigation, in accordance with this policy.
In December 2005, the REC launched its Diversity Pledge. This is an initiative run by the REC and Jobcentre Plus which is a commitment made by recruiters to harness the talent and potential of everyone to achieve business success. In 2006 Property Personnel signed a document pledging that they will:
- value and harness the difference between people, and the benefits that can be gained from those differences;
- actively seek to identify diverse candidate pools and promote their engagement;
- review all aspects of the employment process to eradicate unjustifiable discrimination;
- promote recruitment and selection best practice in accordance with agreed standards; and
- work with others to challenge discrimination where we find it.