Property Officers – Well Established Housing Charity – Croydon, Surrey
Permanent Surrey | £19k to £26k Inc Benefits
Closing date for applications: 09 May 2016
A fantastic opportunity has become available at a South London based Housing Charity who have been established for over 30 years. They are currently looking for a Property Officer to be a part of their friendly and dynamic team in their office based in Croydon, Surrey.
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess people management and interpersonal skills as well as problem solving and able to communicate effectively.
The successful candidate would preferably have experience within Property Management but they will consider an individual within a role in property.
The job role will include:
- To ensure that the companies service users are signed up to the correct tenancy or licence agreements, are aware of their responsibilities under the agreement and supported to meet these.
- To lead in meeting the legal requirements in managing any breaches of tenancy agreements, including rent arrears by managing the formal process of warnings, notices and court action where required.
- To act as the key contact with Landlords where the company is the managing agent, including attending regular agency meetings and ensuring that all returns required are completed accurately and within timescale.
- To effectively manage property voids and maintenance, including that property maintenance is carried out to the agreed standard and within agreed timescales. This includes managing repairs carried out by the companies contractors.
- Working alongside the Director of Operations to ensure that the procurement process is followed and the approved contractor/supplied list is regularly reviewed to ensure the company is receiving value for money goods and services.
- To ensure all managed properties meet health and safety requirements, including working in partnership with operational colleagues to ensure that required checks and assessments are carried out and in place.
- To provide accurate and timely housing management and health and safety information for the regular service reports to senior management team and Board of Trustees.
- To work alongside the Finance Manager on annual rent and service charge setting and regarding any insurance matters relating to the properties.
- To work with the operational team and Landlords to ensure the opening, decanting and closure of properties are undertaken in a timely and efficient manner including maintaining property and content inventories.
- Active involvement in the development and review of the companies housing management related policies and procedures.
- To ensure a high level of customer service is provided at all times.
- To attend relevant agency forums and training events as agreed by the line manager.
- Building long lasting relationships
- Knowledge of legislation
The initial package for this role includes a salary of £19,000 to £25,500 dependent on the level of experience. The hours of work will be from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this web page and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 020 7792 9779, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org