Property Management – Hertfordshire Estate Agency
Permanent Hertfordshire | £25k to £28k Inc Benefits
Closing date for applications: 08 December 2014
This highly regarded firm of Estate Agents based in Hertfordshire is very active in all aspects of residential sales and lettings & property management. The company is currently looking to recruit a Property Manager for their busy management department based in their Bishops Stortford office.
You will ideally have had a minimum of 18 to 24 months experience within a similar role, and any previous local experience would be a distinct advantage.
The duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- For new tenancies and renewals, ensure tenancy agreements are prepared and signed; all necessary references are received; pre-tenancy cleaning, inventories, ensuring rent and deposits received.
- Ensuring all the necessary legislation is adhered to.
- Collection and payment to landlords of the monthly rent minus any costs invoiced by contractors.
- Payments to contractors for invoices settled from the monthly rent using the company software.
- Letter writing to tenants and landlords to advise of: mid-term inspections, renewal of tenancies, rent increases, maintenance issues (e.g. preventions of condensation and mould build up), cold weather precautions, deductions to, and return of, deposits.
- Liaising with tenants vacating a property at the end of their tenancy, arranging check out reports, negotiating and agreeing the release of the tenant’s deposit with the tenant and landlord, organising any cleaning or repairs at the end of the tenancy ready for the new tenancy to begin.
- Negotiating with tenants the renewal of their tenancy either for a fixed term or for periodic tenancy, and discussing and agreeing a rent increase with tenants when requested by the landlord.
- Dealing with queries and complaints from tenants.
- Advise landlords on repairs or improvements to their property as seen on inspections or highlighted by the tenant. Arrange quotes for such work, negotiate best price, oversee works and inspect on completion.
- Handling all maintenance issues received from tenants or landlords, obtaining quotes and organising contractors to carry out repairs as necessary having agreed the work with the landlord.
- Carry out mid-term inspections on all managed properties (every 3-6 months).
- Arrange yearly as safety checks on all managed properties and electrical checks if required.
- To ensure the lettings department, all rental properties, contractors and landlords adhere to current health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Register prospective tenants in the office or on the phone when required.
- Answering calls and greeting the public in the office, taking messages or helping answer queries when possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of the residential lettings industry
- Be extremely well organised to handle many ongoing issues
- Work well under pressure and within tight time constraints
- Be flexible, imaginative and a good problem solver
- Have great attention to detail
- Be confidential and able to cope with a demanding environment
- Have excellent customer service skills and a friendly but professional approach.
- Have experience of using bespoke property management software systems
- Be a good team worker and able to keep colleagues informed of any issues
- Have a full clean UK driving licence
This opportunity will come with a basic salary of between £25,000 and £28,000 – this will depend on the level of experience you already have in this field, and this is a Monday to Friday role.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com